This masterclass introduces the concept of failure demand and how you can apply it in your own organizational context. It is a systems concept, often misunderstood, that represents one of the greatest levers for improving organizational performance. Jonas Astrup Beck and Kristian Astrup Nielsen from Vanguard Scandinavia deliver the masterclass through a mix of explanation, animation, and drawing. They put the concept of failure demand in its proper context and provide a very practical introduction to help you get started in your own organisation.
During this masterclass, you will:
- Be introduced to the concept of failure demand,
- Learn how to do a demand analysis in your own organisation,
- Understand why failure demand is a systems concept,
- See examples of what demand looks like and is used across services,
- Understand when it makes sense to study demand, when it doesn’t – and what to do instead,
- See how an understanding of demand is linked to better measures.
The masterclass is most relevant for leaders and improvement consultants in the private and public sector.
Duration: 96 minutes.
Other masterclasses in this series
This masterclass is the second in a series of four, led by Kristian Astrup Nielsen and Jonas Astrup Beck. The other three masterclasses are:
How to make change based on knowledge – this is the first masterclass and was recorded on 6th May 2021,
Measuring beyond command and control – this is the third masterclass and was recorded on 3rd September 2021,
Beyond rules and procedures – this is the final masterclass in the series and was recorded on 24th September 2021.