A one-day masterclass for people considering a new approach to commissioning
Mornings of 15th and 16th June 2021 (online)
This highly practical one-day session will help you to change the way you engage with your commissioner/provider partners to create a collaborative, asset-based approach to improving your service.
You will hear from a local authority commissioner about how they studied the homecare system in their area, before deciding to redesign it to better achieve what really mattered to service users, leading to improved outcomes for citizens, workers and costs.
Learn how to study your own service as a system.
Benefits of attending
- get an insight into a different approach to commissioning
- learn from others who have realised the benefits of commissioning in a different way
- understand at an introductory level the Vanguard Method and its application in People Centred Systems
- understand why it is critical to change the thinking that governs the way the system is run when transforming the commissioning process
- learn how to experiment within current procurement law
Who is the masterclass for?
- people working in People Centred Systems
- anyone who runs and manages front-line services in either the public, third sector or private sector (e.g. home-care commissioners, or advice line providers)
- anyone interested in using the skills, knowledge, and strengths of individuals in communities and localities when commissioning services
- policymakers in public services nationally and locally
- regulators and inspectors
Distance learning – due to the current social distancing restrictions, this programme will be delivered via a video conferencing platform, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams. The course will be strictly limited to small groups to create value for each delegate and in manageable sessions with plenty of intervals to allow for comfort and refreshment breaks.
Joanne has many years of experience in the Vanguard Method and has consulted on diverse projects in the public, voluntary and private sectors. She has helped a wide variety of organisations understand how their current system works through the application of Vanguard Method principles. This has included extensive experience in working across organisations in localities, challenging traditional work boundaries and removing constraints to focus on the individual/citizen at the centre of the service(s). More recently she has supported organisations that are experimenting with commissioning homecare based on an understanding of ‘what matters’ and challenging traditional procurement processes.
Brendan O’Donovan is Head of Research at Vanguard Consulting. Originally from a local authority background, Brendan joined Vanguard in 2007 and worked with Vanguard’s founder Prof John Seddon on a series of publications. Brendan has worked with a variety of organisations including local authorities, universities, the NHS, housing associations and charities to study the way they design and manage their work.
Brendan and Joanne are also the tutors on a workplace-based People Centred Services course at Kingston University, helping those working in people centred services to improve people’s lives and reduce costs.
The cost to attend this ‘Beyond Commissioning’ event is £195 plus VAT per delegate.
To book your place, complete the booking form and email it to email@example.com
If you are not able to attend the June or November dates, please register your interest and be the first to find out when the next course will run next by filling in the form below