Whether it’s up a pole or down a hole,
the Vanguard Method works in Telecoms companies.
- Grown demand for new residential services by 800%
- Sold 60% more in new business sales
- Reduced failure demand in repairs from 88% down to 1%
- Increased their productivity by more than 20%
- Increased sales of additional services to 50% of existing business customers
Our telecom clients have learned that applying our principles dramatically improves their customers’ experience, their networks’ resilience and their financial performance.
Better for customers
“It helped us get off the ground when we were just starting out. It’s been a first class service, 11 out of 10”
“How you guys worked together, to customize a package, you didn’t chuck me into the one size fits all bracket and you actually know what you’re talking about”
“The one point of contact I can just talk to one person for anything for sales, trouble shooting. I just need one person to look after me and they get a better understanding of me and what I need”
“Without complicated hardware it works. It does what it’s supposed to do”
“You were very, very efficient, felt like I had a whole team looking after me you were quick and you got it all done”
“All aspects were brilliant – understanding was good, turned up when you needed to, and I know you are only a phone call away”
“It’s so amazing and it’s just saved so much time calling you guys”
Telecoms companies have designed themselves as ‘Product’ businesses with tariff packages and technology being the only differentiators. Our clients have learned their current designs and confusing product packages have created a systematic ‘churn’ of customers. Their application of the Vanguard Method principles has transformed them into services systems designed to allow customers to ‘pull’ the value they want, how they want it, when they want it.
Within the telecoms sector the Vanguard Method principles have been applied in:
- Network & infrastructure maintenance
- Network build
- 90% of installations are completed on the date and time the customer picks
- Incomplete or incorrect business orders reduced by 25% to less than 10%
- 97% of installations completed in one visit
Better for staff
Better for the organisation:
- 70% reduction of people needed to fulfil the business customers’ orders
- 90% reduction of calls from engineers needing assistance whilst on site
Malcolm Newing, Director of Field Transformation, describes how applying the Vanguard Method to this operation helped him to understand and improve his system.