A two half-day masterclass for anyone interested in using better measures to drive improvement
Mornings of 9th and 30th September 2021, between 09.30 and 13.00
This highly practical, two half-day course, will provide you with a method to move beyond targets and develop measures that create a learning environment in your organisation. If you want to ensure that your measures help improve your service, increase capacity, reduce cost and improve morale, you should attend this masterclass.
In addition, the sessions will help you understand the consequences of targets and specifications on your system, and how to avoid the difficulties these can create.
Benefits of attending:
- The ability to develop good measures in your own service;
- The ability to tell a good from a bad measure;
- The ability to produce and interpret a control chart;
- An understanding of leading and lagging measures;
- Knowledge of how to use measures at different levels of the organisation;
- How to apply good measures within the parameters of regulatory frameworks.
Who should attend:
- leaders working in public, private or third sector organisations;
- anyone interested in the practical application of measurement to drive improvement;
- leaders seeking to understand how to use better measures within the constraints of regulatory frameworks.
What will be covered:
- An introduction to the Vanguard Method as applied to measures;
- The different definitions of measures;
- How to identify measures that help learn and improve;
- How to use measures to help learn and improve.
Method of delivery:
- The online session will be split into two half days and will involve interactive as well as taught sessions. We also ask you to have access to data that you can use to create your own measures, in the intervening days between the two sessions.
Distance learning – due to the current social distancing restrictions, this programme will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. The course will be strictly limited to small groups to create value for each delegate and in manageable sessions with plenty of intervals to allow for comfort and refreshment breaks.
Simon has many years of experience in the Vanguard Method and has consulted on diverse projects in the public, voluntary and private sectors. He has helped a wide variety of organisations understand how their current system works through the application of Vanguard Method principles. This has included supporting changes to national performance frameworks.
The cost to attend this ‘Beyond Targets’ event is £245 plus VAT per delegate.
To book a place, please fill in the booking form and email it to email@example.com
If you are not able to attend these dates, please register your interest and be the first to find out when the next course will run next by filling in the form below: