13th October and 10th November 2021 (one day online course split over two mornings)
Learn how to map the flow of work through real case histories in people centred systems. This one-day action learning masterclass is for people working in people centred services. At the end of the course, you will be able to map cases, identify what really matters to people and reduce failure demand.
Benefits of attending:
- An empirical understanding of how well your current system is performing
- The skills to map cases in a people centred system
- An insight into the system conditions affecting your performance
- The skills to work with partners to transform the whole system
- The ability to identify waste and the causes of waste in your system
Who should attend:
- People working in people centred services
- Anyone interested in using knowledge and data from the cases in their end to end system to understand how that system could be transformed
- Those who have access to case files and a good relationship with partner agencies
- Those who recognise that the current design of many social care and associated systems are no longer fit for purpose, much of which has been highlighted through the recent COVID 19 pandemic
- Those who are operational/strategic leaders in systems and who want to think about things in a different way
What will be covered:
- An introduction to the Vanguard Method as applied in people centred systems
- Why mapping cases helps you build a comprehensive picture of the system and the thinking that governs its design
- How to map cases, identify value work, and study system conditions
- A framework that will support your learning
- The key features of the current system and the key features of what an alternative system could look like
Method of delivery:
The online session will be split into two half days and will involve interactive as well as taught sessions. We also ask you to have access in the intervening days between the two sessions to cases that you can map that have been, or still are, in your system. We will want to do some of this mapping in real time alongside you and some of it will be done by you on the intervening days between the 2 sessions.
The cost to attend this event is £245 plus VAT per delegate.