An action-learning masterclass split of two or four half-days
Delivered on demand for organisations or individuals in-house
Are you working in a service where demand is rising and costs appear to be spiralling out of control?
Do you think the current financial models used to establish budgets, manage finances require new thinking?
This masterclass will challenge the accounting convention that we should worry about unit cost and transaction cost. It will introduce you to some simple and profound thinking about the way we should set budgets and manage finances in organisations.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who believes that the current financial models used to establish budgets and manage require new thinking
- People working in services/systems where demand is increasing and where costs are spiralling out of control
- Anyone who is concerned about the traditional ways in which costs are reduced in organisations
What the course covers
- What you learn about budgets and financial management when you study a system: examples from a number of systems
- Understanding that the way we currently set budgets and manage finances is not based upon knowledge of how we actually use money in our operations
- How to ensure that budget management and financial planning are grounded in a thorough knowledge of the operations make money and/or use money
- Understand the end-to-end costs in systems and how this gives you a different perspective on costs
- Having a go at mapping your system end to end and understanding the end-to-end costs
- Using knowledge gained by studying your system to inform budget setting and financial planning based on doing the value work – connecting budget setting and financial setting to the operations
- Understand that managing value will drive out costs in a system
Method of delivery
The session will be split into two or four half days and will involve some interactive sessions.
The sessions will focus on how you can understand the costs within the system/service associated with doing waste activity. You will identify the costs associated with the value work and use this knowledge to inform how budgets should be set.
We will also ask you to apply some of the skills and principles between each session. There will also be opportunity to join ongoing supported practice and learning sessions.
Cost £245.00 + VAT per delegate
To express an interest in this course as an individual or as a group, please contact email@example.com or complete the form below: