Friday 24th September 2021
10:00 until 11.30 BST
Most leaders understand that rules and procedures have their limitations – but they use them anyway. The consequences are more bureaucratic and rigid organizations. But if you want to go beyond rules and procedures, what can you do instead? A viable alternative needs to better solve the problem that rules and procedures are trying to solve. This masterclass gives you an understanding of the mechanics of the bureaucracy factory and introduces you to a structured approach by which principles are used as a viable alternative. You will also see how this approach works within legal frameworks and compliments the workings of an organization that understands customers demand and uses measures to understand and improve the work. Finally, you will begin to see how going beyond rules and procedures affects the role of leaders, employees, and consultants.
- Be introduced to the bureaucracy factory
- Understand the model for going beyond rules and procedures, and the logic behind it
- Understand how to formulate principles based on knowledge from the work
- Understand what needs to be in place for a principle-based approach to work
- Understand how principles can be used to create better practices within legal frameworks
- See how principles complements understanding demand, better measures and improving performance
There will be time to ask questions at the end of the session.
The masterclass is most relevant for leaders and improvement consultants in the private and public sector.
Duration 1,5 hour.
Participants will attend without sound and video, with the opportunity to ask questions.
£125 + VAT per delegate
£90 + VAT per delegate early bird rate (book before 16th July 2021)